background

Thursday, June 30, 2011

First two days!

So this morning Anatoliy was wide awake at 6:15! I was surprised since none of us got to sleep before 1am. But, I got up and went to his room to motion for him to come downstairs, and once we got downstairs he says, "Lisa" - yes, I say - he gives me a hug and says "Fantastic." So glad that I got up with him and heard this - it made my day! Anatoliy helped me make his breakfast of 2 eggs, bologna, bowl of yogurt, grapes, and strawberries! They both LOVE to eat! We took the morning to go to the park and play soccer. Ivan loves to play! Our boys introduced them to the Wii - and needless to say Mario Kart is a group favorite that needs no English explination! I & A have seen and tried every bike and scooter that we have, and love to ride bikes up and down the sidewalk. Alex has been very disappointed that they do not enjoy shooting the basketball as much as he does!
Today we attempted the pool and the boys are fabulous swimmers and love the pool! Ivan is a typical teenager that laid out on his chair and people watched while not in the pool! This afternoon we introduced them to TCBY!
I can not say enough about these two wonderful boys! They have adapted extremely well. Anatoliy's smile melts my heart every time I see it. They are so good with our boys, especially William who wants to be by their side every minute of the day. They help clean up, they love to help cook. Anytime Anatoliy sees me struggling with my broken wrist, he immediately comes to help me.
Have there been issues? Yes, but nothing major - today Matt and I were getting changed after the pool and came down to our 3 boys playing on the Wii, no I & A. We looked everywhere - no boys! Matt gets in the car to go look for them, b/c we saw that the bikes were missing, and there they are just riding bikes on the sidewalk! Needless to say they learned a house rule very quickly!! Tonight we put everyone to bed and at 9:30 realized that there were noises in I & A's room, only to see that Ivan had one of our boys iTouch's under the covers! So we are slowly establishing rules and they are very understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment