background

Friday, July 8, 2011

Testing Boundaries

This has been a big week for testing boundaries, which is totally normal, but still frustrating. Ivan has been going around the house and "collecting" batteries that he has been keeping in a bag hidden in his room. Along with the batteries we found other game pieces, etc. So we confronted Ivan about the bag and he denied ever seeing it. Honestly, the bag wasn't the issue - for the orphans these batteries give them status and allow them to trade - it was the lie that frustrated Matt and I.
So today started a new day  and we enjoyed a fun day at Discovery Place. Anatoliy was nervous at first but is always willing to give new things a try. He pet an iguana today! Saw a 3D movie about Bugs. They had their first McDonalds drive-thru experience and LOVED every bite. I think Anatoly may have enjoyed the kids meal toy as much as the food! Anatoly shared some fun facts with us about himself - he writes poetry and plays a Ukrainian instrument called a Bandura. He is so adorable! Tonight we had family game night and played Uno. Who knew Uno could go on so long with 7 people playing!! The boys loved it and they are quite the little competitors!!
I promise to post pictures tomorrow of the last few days and also I really want to scan some of Anatoly's drawings into the computer, so that you can all see how creative he is.
Matt & Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment