background

Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's Official!

Ivan and Anatoliy know that we want to adopt them and they are very excited!! Yesterday we were able to Skype with them through an American family that is there adopting their daughter. We didn't have the best connection, but we were able to communicate and use the computer to translate exactly what I was saying. Anatoliy said, "Lisa, you mama. Matt-Papa. Yes, Yes!" He had tears and lots of smiles. Ivan said, "Yes, I come to America. I love you!" Ivan was very smiley at the news and that is so great to see b/c he is definitely more reserved with us than his brother.  I also told them that our house is going to be crazy with 5 boys. Can't wait for that to happen!

I have such peace just knowing that they know they are wanted! We have had to wait to ask them about adoption, b/c we have been waiting on confirmation that they are on the Ukraine Orphan registry. Orphans have to be on this registry for one full year before foreign families can adopt them. We had no concerns that they weren't on the registry, but it took 5 weeks to get the final confirmation. It was so hard to wait, Skype with the boys and not be able to tell them. They asked us every which way they could - without coming right out and asking - if we were adopting them. Anatoliy said last week, "Lisa, I pray each night that you fly on an airplane to Ukraine." Love that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment