background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lots of Changes........

So where to begin with this new blog? Should I start with that first week that the boys left (August) and how empty our home felt? How I looked at pictures of them everyday, just so that I would  not forget their faces? Maybe I should start with Alex asking us to please not speak Ivan and Anatoliy's name, b/c it upset him to much to hear their names?  Fast forward a couple of weeks, Ryan says "we should just adopt them, "Mom, it would be nice to have someone looking after me for once, instead of me always looking after my younger brothers." Matt expresses, that he would be so "sad, when he is sitting there watching Ryan graduate one day, and knowing that Ivan and Anatoliy would never have that chance." August 1st when the boys flew back to Ukraine seems like it was a lifetime ago, yet some days feel like yesterday. In that time frame, Matt and I have had numerous discussions about Ivan and Anatoliy and how they impacted our lives and how we can impact their lives. We have also talked with our boys alot about them too. Matt and I agreed to give ourselves some "emotional distance" from talking about Ivan and Anatoliy. Let the sadness settle before making any "rash decisions." Afterall, we have 3 healthy boys. This is our first year with all kids in school, finally giving me a chance to really get my business (The Snazzy Stitch) going.......

Well, I think in life you always have "forks in the road." And sometimes those "forks" are easy to decide upon and other times they are difficult and life changing. Needless to say this was a family "fork" in our road and we all agreed on the same direction unanimously! Ivan and Anatoliy need us and they yearn for a stable and loving family life. They deserve to be loved for the amazing boys that they are and are yet to become. We love them and want them in our family forever!

So, our blog will be taking a little change......going from "Hosting Ivan and Anatoliy" to "Adopting Ivan and Anatoliy." We have started the adoption process and it is very daunting with all of the paperwork, but seeing their smiling faces on Skype makes  me work even harder to get, this paper notarized and this form filed, so that I can share and experience their smiles in person and not over a computer screen!

The ups and downs of this journey will be tedious, long and yet, so wonderful. I hope you will follow along with us on this journey to become a family of 7!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I was in tears reading this! I read it out loud to Marina and was trying not to cry as I read it. We are so excited for you all! Give Ryan, Alex and Will hugs from Marina. She just said how much she misses them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you all!!! They are great boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm an adoptive parent, fierce defender of the fatherless, and a friend of your cousin Melissa. I'm also in tears! God is so good! Bless you on your journey! I can't wait to "watch" it unfold!

    ReplyDelete